Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Birmingham Natural History Club

Well....long time no write- ha ha!

I decided to give this blog a re-birth instead of just starting a new one.

Last year, I started organizing nature outings for a combo group of students (and siblings) from Crestwood Day School ( a local Charlotte Mason school ) and homeschoolers.

Last year, we did a once a month excursion to our local gardens, The Birmingham Botanical Gardens. I plan on posting pics here of last year's visits.

This year, we decided to increase to twice a month. We will be going on the first and third Fridays of each month.
-The first Friday of the month will be to a "seasonal spot"; by that, I mean that I have chosen three places that we will visit 3-4 times a year, once during each season. I hope to help kids see the differences between seasons. The three places we will visit are the Kicklighters land, the Jemison park/trail, and The Self's blueberry farm.
-The third Friday of the month, we will visit a variety of great outdoor spots around the Birmingham area.

I will be posting pictures from the 2 excursions during September in a separate post.

If you are following this blog to keep up with Birmingham Natural History Club, please check back often to see updates of trips we have taken, and to see what we have planned for each month. I will post the plan and directions for each month on the 1st of that month.

Anyone is welcome!!

0 comments: